How often do you maintain a refrigerator filter? If you’re thinking ‘not as long as I’ve had this refrigerator,’ you’re not alone. A new study suggests that over time, due to consumer neglect, more refrigerators are reaching their expiration date than ever before. This might seem counterintuitive at first, but understand where your fridge is getting polluted and you can still hose down your filter as most people recommend.
What is the Ge Refrigerator Filter?
A refrigerator filter is a small, rectangular piece of cloth or paper that attaches to the inside of a refrigerator door. The purpose of the filter is to remove debris and particles from the air going into the refrigerator, which can otherwise accumulate over time and make your food spoil.
How often should you replace your Ge refrigerator filter?
The answer to this question depends on the type of filter your refrigerator is using. Generally, filters should be replaced every six months for standard air-purification filters and once a year for allergen-control filters.
If you have any questions or concerns about your filter, consult your refrigerator’s owner’s manual.
The benefits of a new GE refrigerator filter cartridge
If your GE refrigerator is showing signs of needing a new filter cartridge, it might be time to replace it. Here are a few benefits to getting this done:
1. Improved Air Quality – A new filter will help clean the air inside your refrigerator, which in turn will improve your overall respiratory health.
2. Extend Your Refrigerator’s Life – A dirty filter can reduce the efficiency of your refrigerator, leading to shorter lifespan. By replacing it regularly, you can ensure that your appliance is running at its best and lasting longer.
3. Save Money on Food Costs – Keep your food fresher for longer by using a quality filter cartridge. This will mean you’ll have to buy less food in the long run, which can save you money on groceries.
How to change your GE refrigerator filte
There are three filters that need to be replaced on a GE refrigerator: the lower, upper and side filters. The filter replacement process is simple, but it requires that the refrigerator be open so that the filters can be accessed. There are three types of filters – bi-directional, porous and mechanical – and they all need to be replaced at different intervals. Here’s how to change your GE refrigerator filter:
1) Disconnect the power cord from the back of the refrigerator.
2) Open the doors of the refrigerator as far as they will go.
3) Locate the filter holders on either side of the freezer compartment. These holders usually have arrows pointing in opposite directions, so look for them and identify which holder needs to be accessed first (it will have a letter next to it).
4) Push down on the holder and pull out the old filter. If there is a manufacturer’s sticker on the filter, carefully remove it with a sharp knife before discarding it. If there isn’t a sticker, just visually inspect it and decide if it needs to be replaced or not.
5) Replace the old filter with a new one, making sure it’s seated properly in its