Are you tired of your kitchen looking dated with old, worn-out cabinets? If so, you’re in luck. This article shares some tips on how to make them look newer. With a bit of work and time, this can become a reality without a considerable budget investment.
What to do when in need of some updates
Some homeowners find that their kitchens have reached a point where they need to do some updates in order to keep up with the times. If this is you, you’re not alone! In fact, many homeowners make the decision to update their kitchens on a whim when they start to feel like their old cabinets just don’t cut it any more. But how do you go about updating your kitchen without feeling like you’re ripping everything out and starting from scratch? The truth is, there are a few things you can do in order to make your old kitchen cabinets look new without having to spend a fortune or hours sanding and painting them. Here are four tips for updating your kitchen without breaking the bank or calling in a contractor:
1. Choose newer style cabinetry- While it might be tempting to stick with the classic cabinet styles that have been popular for years, updating your kitchen with newer cabinets will actually end up costing less in the long run. Not only are new cabinets typically more chic and modern looking, but they also tend to require less maintenance than older style cabinets. In fact, simply cleaning your newer style cabinets can often be done with just a mild soap and water – no harsh chemicals required!
2. Update countertops
If you’re looking to freshen up an old kitchen cabinet, you will likely need to invest some time in the project. There are a few steps you can take to get the most out of your work, no matter how small the space. Here are a few tips:
-Begin by measuring the cabinet and sketching out a plan for where you want to hang your new hardware. This will help you avoid cutting into existing shelves or panels.
-If you are up for a little DIY, consider purchasing a ready-made installation kit or hiring a professional installer. These kits come with all the supplies you will need and will save you time and hassle.
-Remove any outdated finishes from the cabinet using a household cleaner and a rag. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for complete removal. Once the finish is gone, apply a new finish of your choice using primer, paint, and topcoat.
-Add antiques or charm pieces to make your cabinets unique. This is an easy way to inject some life into an otherwise mundane space.
Cost of work
Although kitchens can last for many years with a little TLC, sometimes they need a face-lift. How much does a new kitchen cabinet cost? Depends on the size of the cabinet, the brand and whether it’s ready to be painted or not. But generally speaking, a new kitchen cabinet ranges from $500 to $2,000.
Here are some tips to help you save money when replacing your kitchen cabinets:
-Measure the space where the new cabinet will go before you buy any cabinets. Cabinet manufacturers usually make one size that fits most spaces, but if you don’t measure first you may find yourself with a drawer that doesn’t fit or has too much wiggle room.
-Compare prices at local home centers, Thrift stores and online retailers. Sometimes coupons or sales promotions can give you discounts on your new cabinets.
-When it comes time to paint your kitchen cabinets, consider using an existing color instead of painting them white or another light color. This will save you money since white cabinets usually cost more than color ones. It’s also easier to change a kitchen’s color in the future if you decide you want something else!
There are many potential benefits of restoring old kitchen cabinets. Not only do they can look great and add character to a property, but they can also be very cost effective. Here are some of the benefits:
-They can be a great way to add value to a home.
-They can be a great way to reduce energy costs.
-They can be a great way to improve air quality.
-They can be a great way to reduce noise levels.
Top tips for updating your kitchen cabinets
If your kitchen is looking a little tired or outdated, there are few things you can do to spruce it up without completely gutting it and starting from scratch. Here are a few tips for updating your kitchen cabinets without spending a fortune:
1. Add some new cabinet hardware. This can range from new knobs and pulls to new hinges and drawer slides. Not only will this add an updated look, but it will also make the cabinets much easier to use.
2. Paint the cabinet doors. This is a great way to update an entire kitchen in a snap, and it’s not as expensive as you might think. You can buy premixed paints or spray paint your own door finishes at home depot or Walmart.
3. Clear out the clutter and organize your cabinets with baskets and boxes. This will help you see what’s inside each cabinet more clearly, and it will free up counter space too!
4. Change the flooring in your kitchen – if it’s outdated or uncomfortable, that will undoubtedly show in the cabinets too. Try opting for wood or tile instead of laminate or vinyl, which can give your kitchen a much-needed facel