What do you need to clean the best drinking water possible? You’ll need a water filter, just like the one found in the French Door Refrigerator model by Maytag. Maytag aims to wash out tiny particles, leaving behind only pure, tasty drinkable water. It also promises high water-filtering action and includes an anti-microbial layer that enhances odor reduction.
Maytag French Door Refrigerator Water Filter
Your refrigerator may have a water filter that needs to be replaced. This is especially true if your refrigerator has a French door design. Here are some tips on how to replace the water filter in a French door refrigerator:
Tools You’ll Need: Screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, Tweezers or a small wrench.
1. Open the refrigerator door and remove the front panel. On the right side of the panel close to the handle lie two screws. Remove these screws and unscrew the panel.
2. In the cavity behind the panel there are two filters. To replace them lift them out and position them in their new places on the water supply unit (pictured below). Make sure they are positioned so that they are capturing any large pieces of debris floating in water from your fridge intakes (the strips coming out of your fridge) and directing them onward into the machine’s general water supply. Replace both filters with new ones if necessary.
3. Reinstall the front panel, screws and all. Close the door, being careful not to tighten screws too much as this may damage the panelsince they are now fixed rather than screwed in place
Best Time to Change Your Filter
If you have a Maytag French Door refrigerator, it’s important to change the water filter about every 6 months. A new filter will help remove contaminants and odors from the water, keeping your refrigerator running at its best. Here are four factors to consider when choosing the best time to change your filter:
– Age of the appliance: The older the appliance, the more often it needs to be cleaned and the more likely it is to need a water filter.
-Type of water: Hard water is more mineralized and can contain more built up sediment. This can lead to an increase in chlorine smell and other contaminants in your water. It’s important to use unfiltered or soft water with a refrigerator because these filters will catch all of these chemicals.
-Number of people in your household: If there are multiple people using the refrigerator at the same time, each person may be using different amounts of water which can lead to increased contamination levels. Having one designated filtration system for this appliance will help keep everyone in your household safe.
-Location of the appliance: If you have an appliance that relies on access to cold water, like a fridge or freezer, it’s important
Best Way to Clean your Filter
It’s often tough to determine when your refrigerator’s water filter needs to be replaced. However, by following these easy steps, you’ll be able to keep your filter clean and serving you for years to come.
To start, be sure to check your refrigerator’s owner’s manual for specific guidelines about how often the filter should be replaced. If your refrigerator is older, it may need more frequent attention. Alternatively, you can use an online filter testing kit to determine if your filter is effectively removing contaminants from the water.
Once you know the frequency of replacement for your particular model of fridge and filter, cleaning can begin with a simple 1-2 step process: Remove the filter housing by gently pressing on one corner and then pulling up. Once out of the way, vacuum cleaner bag can be placed over the intake sponge on the bottom of the housing and turned upside down. The suction will dislodge all dirt, dust, hair and other particles that have accumulated over time. Replace the filter housing and reinstall in reverse order.
By following these simple steps, you’ll ensure that your refrigerator’s water filter is always clean and ready to help keep your food fresh!
Cleaning after Changing Your Filte
A French Door refrigerator has more than one opening, making it more likely that water will get inside and freeze. Here are a few tips to help keep your appliance clean:
1. Before you do anything, turn off the fridge and disconnect the power cord. This will help prevent any accidental damage to the appliance.
2. Remove all food and beverages from the refrigerator shelves.
3. Remove any part of the refrigerator that is obstructing the water flow – this could be an empty drawer, panel, or door.
4. Fill a bucket with cold water and place it next to the refrigerator. This will help cool the water before you use it to clean the appliance.
5. Use a mild household cleaner – like 409 or dishwashing detergent – to clean any dirty surfaces. Be careful not to use any harsh chemicals or solvents, as this could damage your appliance.
6. Dry off all surfaces before reconnecting the power cord and turning on your refrigerator again.