Take a glance at these modern coastal kitchen designs to get your inspiration for how to change up your space and make a room that shines.
Coming up with a modern kitchen design for a small kitchen can be challenging, but with the right tools and tips it can be done. The following ideas for modern kitchen designs for small kitchens will help you create an efficient and stylish space.
1. Start by thinking about what aesthetic you want for your kitchen. Are you looking for a sleek, modern look? Or do you prefer a more traditional vibe? Once you have determined your style, start searching for inspiration online or at local stores. Look for photos of kitchens that inspire you, as well as ideas of layouts and furniture that could work in your space.
2. Choose Your Appliances Wisely When designing a modern kitchen, it is important to think about the appliances that will be available to use. Do you want an oven and stovetop combo or do you want separate appliances for cooking and baking? Consider what type of meals you’d like to prepare most often and choose appliances accordingly.
3. Utilize Storage Space Wisely Modern kitchens are usually streamlined and clean-looking, so make sure to include plenty of storage options in your design. Whether it’s built-in shelves and cabinets or removable drawer liners, having convenient storage
Kitchen food prep area
Small kitchens can be squeezed into any number of layouts, with a few general rules in mind. Reach for natural materials whenever possible, to keep your kitchen looking comfortable and easy to care for. And stick to a simple color palette – especially if you’re trying to match appliances and cabinetry. Here are some modern kitchen designs that work well in small kitchens.
1) A slide-out counter on one side offers plenty of room to work while keeping food prep close at hand.
2) Tall cabinets on the other wall can store kitchen tools and dishes, freeing up counter space.
3) Use open shelving to display pots, pans and baking supplies on eye-level.
4) Install Accent racks in high traffic areas near the stovetop or sink, to corral extra cookware and dishes.
5) Mix metals and wood in unique ways to create stand-alone utensils or countertop accessories.
There is no doubt that modern kitchens are all about space efficiency. This means that the cabinets and countertops need to be as small as possible while still accommodating all of the appliances and cooking tools a cook may need. One way to achieve this is by incorporating storage spaces into the design.
One common method is to include a vertical filing cabinet in the kitchen area. This cabinet can be used to store utensils, pots and pans, and other cooking supplies. It can also be used as a spot to set out serving plates and appetizers.
Another great way to use space in a small kitchen is by installing a wall-mounted spice rack. This rack can be attached right above or next to the stovetop,making it easy for cooks to get their hands on the spices they need without having to open up a drawer or cabinet.
And finally, don’t forget about the refrigerator! In a small kitchen, it’s important to make sure there is enough room on the countertop for a fridge so that food doesn’t have to be stored in the fridge on top of major appliance compartments. By installing an under-counter refrigerator, you’ll have plenty of storage capacity for groceries and perishables
Filter the right kitchen designer for your needs
You don’t have to sacrifice style and function when you’re designing a kitchen with a small space. Some of the most popular modern kitchen designs for small kitchens include sleek black and chrome units, open floor plans, and under-counter flasks and storage. And, since kitchens are such an integral part of home decor, selecting the right design is important not only for functionality but also for style.
One of the most popular modern kitchen designers for kitchens with small spaces is Alison Lussier of Refresh Design. Her sleek black and chrome units are perfect for updating any kitchen regardless of its size. Her open floor plans allow for plenty of room to move around and cook, and her under-counter flasks and storage make cooking more efficient.
If you’re looking for a more traditional look, consider Design Within Reach’s collection of timeless white kitchens. Their units are simple yet attractive, perfect for any contemporary or traditional décor.
Regardless of your style preferences, there’s a designer out there who will perfectly match your needs and style in a small kitchen. So remember to search for the right one by filtering the right kitchen designer for your needs!
Large kitchens are beautiful and all, but sometimes they just aren’t practical. That’s where modern kitchen designs for small kitchens come into play. These designs feature sleek and modern appliances that are perfect for people who want a functional kitchen but don’t have the space for an overwhelming amount of countertop space. Plus, these kitchens typically look much more expensive than their actual cost, which is another bonus!